Well, she did it again… my sister, Cathy, sent me a winner! This recipe is an obvious go-to side dish, but we ate it as the main meal last night and it was delicious. It’s the perfect recipe to highlight your summer peaches.
- 2 cans small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 peaches, washed and chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Fresh vinaigrette of your choice – I happened to use olive oil, fresh lime juice, a little maple syrup, and Dijon mustard. Cathy suggested adding flax and letting the dressing sit so the flax re-hydrates and makes the dressing thick. I’ll have to try that next time!
- Combine all the ingredients and stir. If you plan to make this ahead of time, cut and add the peaches at the last minute to avoid them going mushy.
- Serve and enjoy!