This has to be the best bread I’ve ever made. The best.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 Tbsp golden flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (for vegan, omit the eggs and double the chia seeds and water mixture)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar
- Whisk the chia seeds and water together in a bowl. Set aside and let “gel” for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a small bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the flax seeds and pumpkin seeds in a spice grinder (or coffee grinder).
- Combine the seeds and the rest of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Combine the chia seed gel, eggs, olive oil, and agave nectar in a food processor and mix briefly until blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overstir!
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.