This buckwheat bread is so delicious. The first time I made it, everyone in my family ate three slices! And despite the misleading name, buckwheat is gluten free. It’s also grain free, as buckwheat is actually a seed. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 – 3 Tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp baking powder (make sure to use fresh baking powder to get optimal rise)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk the chia seeds and water together in a bowl. Set aside and let “gel” for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 320 F and line a small bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a food processor until well mixed.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the food processor and blend until well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the bread is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes, before removing the bread from the pan and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve on its own (it’s that good!), toasted with butter and agave nectar/honey, or as base for avocado toast!
Adapted from: Choosing Chia