Maddie and Walter’s cookies are so moist and yummy, you won’t be able to stop eating them!
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (such as hemp seeds, sesame seeds, ground pumpkin, or ground flax seeds)
- 1/4 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or turbinado sugar or brown sugar – they all work!)
- vegan equivalent of 1 large egg (use your favorite recipe or try one of these!)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, chocolate chips, seeds, coconut, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg equivalent until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup and beat or whisk to combine with the egg equivalent.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. You should have a firm, semi-tacky dough. If too wet, add a bit more coconut or almond flour.
- Loosely cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Scoop out balls of dough and place on baking sheet. Press down with fork to flatten.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown and the tops appear slightly puffy and cracked.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
They look a little dry in the picture, but they are moist and chewy on the inside!
Adapted from: the Minimalist Baker