This one is super easy and super yummy. I could eat it every night!
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- a few handfuls of baby spinach (optional)
- Sauté the onion in a large skillet for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ginger and spices and cook for just a few minutes more.
- Puree the tomato sauce, water, coconut milk, cashews, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the sauté pan and simmer gently over medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken (about 15 minutes).
- Add the cauliflower and chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is done.
- Toss in a few handfuls of baby spinach and cook for 1 -2 minutes until wilted.
- Serve over rice.
Adapted from: Pass the Plants