These are amazing – it’s hard to eat only one. Serve them alone or on a bun.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups cooked and mashed black beans
- 3/4 cup cashews, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat bran
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead by hand. You may need to add more oat bran to create a mixture thick enough to form into balls that hold their shape.
- Shape into large golf-ball sized balls.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Flatten balls into patties.
- Saute in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.