I haven’t actually tried this recipe yet, but I trust my niece’s culinary expertise. Plus, it just looks so darn good.
- 2 cans (13.6 oz.) of lite coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (Tamari)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional for those who like a little spice!)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Heat coconut milk over medium low heat until it reaches a low simmer.
- Add the peanut butter, red curry paste, soy sauce, lime juice, agave nectar, garlic, jalapeño pepper, and water.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to mix and the sauce to thicken.
- Serve over mixed vegetables as a curry, or over rice noodles.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts on top of each serving.