This is so good you really, really can’t tell it’s vegan. The original of this recipe can be found here. Your kids (and you!) will love it!
- 16 oz. gluten-free elbow pasta
- 3/4 cup cashews (soaked for 10 minutes ahead of time)
- 5 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced carrots (it’s what gives the dish an orange color!)
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- gluten-free bread crumbs
- Cook pasta. Meanwhile…
- Combine well in a food processor: cashews, butter, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Comine in a sauce pan over medium low heat and cook until soft: potatoes, carrots, onions, water, turmeric, and paprika.
- Pour potato mixture into the food processor and combine with cashew mixture. Add salt to taste.
- Stir sauce into the pasta.
- Pour into a glass dish and sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or long enough for bread crumbs to lightly brown.