This is such a yummy treat! Tip: whenever you have over-ripe bananas sitting sadly on your counter, just slice them and freeze them in baggies. When you’re in the mood for a milkshake, they’re ready to go!
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 capful vanilla
- Almond milk (or other milk substitute)
My kids are purists. They like their milkshakes with only the above ingredients. But you could ratchet up the nutritional factor by adding the items below. It’s still super yummy!
- 1 Tbsp Omega-3 powder
- 1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses (for added iron)
- Throw everything into the blender, then serve immediately!