This soup is soooo delicious! My kids even like it which is saying a lot. It’s also nice for those looking to avoid nightshades.
- olive oil for sautéing
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 cups lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of Lacinato kale (or other greens), chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and sauté for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the lentils and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
Chop your carrots and celery and add them to the soup.
Simmer for an hour. Five minutes before serving, add the kale to soften and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!