I contemplated naming this recipe “Beets for People who Hate Beets.” Because I really hate beets. But I had some on hand, so I tried to come up with the tastiest recipe I could think of, figuring I would still have to hold my nose and just get them down. But to my surprise, they were delicious! I actually can’t wait to make this again!
- Three medium sized beets, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 bunch of Lacinato kale, washed and cut into pieces
- olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste
- cooked quinoa or brown rice, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Toss the beets with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out evenly on a tray covered in tin foil.
- Roast the beets for about 35 – 40 minutes.
- When the beets are almost done, sauté the garlic and pumpkin seeds for 3 minutes. Then add the beans, kale, and a little salt, sautéing for about 5 more minutes.
- Finally, mix in the roasted beets and serve over quinoa or brown rice or simply on its own.
1 thought on “Sautéed Beets with White Beans”