I just made up this recipe based on ingredients we already had in the kitchen. It turned out to be amazing – hubby’s “all-time favorite recipe”! I was so busy eating it I forgot to take a picture of the final product… oh well, next time.
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 large bunch Lacinato kale, washed and chopped into pieces
- 1 can little white beans, rinsed and drained (or red beans might be good too!)
- 1 lb. gluten-free pasta (I like red lentil pasta)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- Wash and cut asparagus into bite sized pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a cookie tray (or two) lined with tin foil. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in olive oil and a little salt. Spread evenly on a cookie tray lined with tin foil. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until done. (They can go in the oven at the same time as the asparagus – just need less cooking time.)
- With about 10 minutes to go on the asparagus roasting time, cook the pasta and sauté the beans and kale in a little olive oil.
- Combine the pasta, asparagus, pumpkin seeds, kale, and beans, along with a little more olive oil, and serve. (Tip: this recipe is best served immediately. It starts to dry out even after just 5 – 10 minutes sitting time.)
1 thought on “Pumpkin Seed Asparagus Pasta”