- 2 cups Lacinato kale leaves, inner stem removed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- gluten free pasta of your choice
- One bag (85 g) of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Notes: Some recipes call for you to boil the kale for about 5 minutes before adding it to the pesto mixture. I actually prefer it uncooked – it makes the pesto a bit spicier, which I like. You’ll have to experiment and decide which you like better. Same goes with the garlic – I love the spicy raw garlic in my pesto, but if it’s too strong for you, feel free to sauté it a bit before adding it to the pesto.
- Toast the walnuts. (Boil the kale and/ sauté the garlic, if you choose to).
- Add the kale, basil, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil as you continue to blend.
- Add the lemon juice, toasted walnuts, and garlic and blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to box instructions.
- Drain the pasta and immediately stir in the pesto.
- Garnish each serving with sun-dried tomatoes.