The goal of this recipe = easy! I use frozen vegetables to cut down on the chopping time.
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen carrots and peas mix
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups gluten-free shell pasta
- fresh basil for garnishing (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker except for the pasta.
- Slow cook for about 2.5 – 3 hours.
- Add the pasta during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Best served immediately so pasta doesn’t overcook.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh basil (optional).
Adapted from: The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook, by Toni Okamoto, p.65.
1 thought on “Hearty Hot Pot Minestrone”