OMG… these are luscious! Enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten free pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dates
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 small over-ripe bananas
- 2 heaping cups grated zucchini (don’t squeeze water out)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (vegan, gluten free) chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
- While dates are soaking, grease muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Place flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl, stirring unti combined.
- Once dates are soft, blend them in food processesor.
- Add to the food processor the bananas, zucchini, almond milk, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Once mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin tins, and top each muffin with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until set.
Adapted from: Hummusapien