I’ve taken this recipe from Dahlia Abraham-Klein’s, The Silk Road Vegetarian (2014, p.158). It has to be the easiest recipe on earth, and your kids will love it!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 3 strands saffron
- 4 tbsp chopped dried apricots
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 4 tbsp golden raisins
- 4 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios
- 2 scallions, green parts only, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro (I use basil instead because I hate cilantro)
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according the package instructions, however add the saffron to the water while cooking.
- Combine all the dried fruit, pistachios, scallions, cilantro, and mint in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa into the dried fruit mixture. Season with salt and add the the olive oil and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Major Ingredients Grocery List:
- dried apricots
- golden raisins
- dried cranberries
- fresh cilantro (or basil)
- fresh mint leaves