I made this one up myself! You can really add any vegetables you have on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 can beans (I like red beans)
- several huge fistfuls of arugula (I use the pre-washed and bagged)
- half a container of sweet cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- oil & vinegar salad dressing of your choice
- Make the quinoa according to directions (with vegetable stock instead of water). You can add a little salt and olive oil to make it tastier.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onions in coconut oil (or olive oil) for about 5 minutes, then add the beans. A bit later, add the garlic, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Add the cooked quinoa and sauté a few minutes to give it a toasted flavor.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the arugula and tomatoes.
- Pour the salad dressing on the mixture to taste.
Major Ingredients Grocery List:
- yellow squash
- cherry tomatoes
- can of beans
2 thoughts on “Vegetable Quinoa”
Can’t wait to try this!