- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup gluten free pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats flour, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
- Add the dates to a small pan with enough water to cover and cook for five minutes over medium heat. Then puree the mixture in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla to the food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned on top.
- Let the cookies sit for about 10 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from: The China Study Quick and Easy Cookbook, by Del Sroufe (1st ed, p.225).