If you like pesto, you will fall in love with this easy quinoa dish. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes.
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- ¾ jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 100g arugula
- 1 head broccoli
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
For the pesto:
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 small handfuls cashew nuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 56g fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions, usually about 15 minutes. I like to cook it in vegetable stock instead of water.
- Meanwhile, separate the broccoli into small florets. Steam for 5 minutes (or boil for 2 minutes) until lightly cooked.
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- To make the pesto, put all the pesto ingredients into the blender and blitz until smooth and well combined. This should take a minute or 2.
- Once the quinoa is done, remove from heat and stir in the pesto. Then mix in the broccoli and arugula. Season to taste.
- Garnish each serving with the sun-dried tomatoes.